Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Les Merton

I am a collector...

I don't bother collecting
ordinary everyday things like;
stamps, coins, books, memorabilia
or other material things.

I collect experiences,
not everyday experiences like;
shopping, missing the bus
or even making love.

None of these appeal to me
I collect real experiences like;
being out in the depth of night
during a thunderstorm...

experiencing
a flash of lightning
changing the landscape
into a black and white negative.

I like new unusual experiences
to add to my collection like;
looking over your shoulder
as you are reading this...

_____________

Les Merton is the editor of Poetry Cornwall
www.poetrycornwall.freervers.com

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]