Sunday, August 06, 2006

Rosie Lugosi

Off my head

They could tell straightway that I was off my head
when I didn’t have to cringe on entering
the room. There was all that extra space above
my neck. I liked the lightness, the sense that there
was nothing to worry about; or rather; nothing
to worry with. I couldn’t understand
why they looked so disgusted: I was happy,
wasn’t I? Someone new threw up.
Apparently it wasn’t decent, strolling around without
a by-your-leave. I left. All the twisting
between my shoulders gone for good. The self-
doubt wiped away. I shook out the contents
of my bag into the nearest bin.
A voice shrieked, I’ve found your head! I ran.


(C) Rosie Lugosi

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]